Did you know that you can write letters and encourage your sponsored child anytime throughout the year by visiting your online portal? It is a simple way to stay in contact, build a relationship and encourage your child.
HOW TO WRITE A LETTER TO MY CHILD THROUGH MY ONLINE PORTAL:
Send a note of love and encouragement to your child, simply:
- Log into your Petros Network Portal by visiting,
- Go to your Inbox located in the My Profile dropdown menu
- Choose New Message
- Create a subject line, select your sponsored child from the dropdown menu and write your note of encouragement or prayer
- Hit Send Message and you are done!
6 Helpful Tips For Writing to Your Sponsored Child:
- Keep it simple: Share a short paragraph or two about you or your family. Remember the point of these letters is to create a connection with your child and that takes time. You don’t have to share everything at once!
- Steer clear from talking about material possessions: Remember these are children who have very little. Your letter to them is not the time to share about a new car or expensive toy.
- Include pictures: Just like you love to receive pictures of your child, they love seeing pictures of you and your family. Pictures are a wonderful way to connect even deeper with your child.
- Avoid making promises: We ask that you please not promise a child you will visit them or send them a specific gift. We want you to remain a trusted and cherished person for your child and the best way to do that is avoid making promises.
- Ask questions: Questions are a great way to learn more about your child and create a meaningful connection.
- Encourage, encourage, encourage: Encourage your child through writing out scripture verses or a prayer. Encouragement goes a long way… Let your child know you are cheering them on!
AVAILABLE CHILDREN WAITING FOR YOU!
We always have children that are in need of a loving sponsor! Will you help us? To view the children waiting for sponsorship, simply click the link below.