“A religion that is pure and stainless according to God the Father is this: to take care of orphans and widows who are suffering, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.” — James 1:27
- NO GIFT IS TOO SMALL OR TOO LARGE! Every gift changes a life! >>
- When you pay by e-check bank fees are only 30 cents per transaction and more of your gift goes to the need >>
- It all starts with a church plant. Widows are selected by the church and also offered support and encouragement throughout the process >>
PNW A: Widows with Children
All of our widows have children, most of whom are unable to go to school because they spend their days gathering food and water. As funds are raised we will sponsor a micro-grant, provide school uniforms for her children, and give the family an immediate boost of financial support. We interview every widow, typically young mothers, make a house visit, and verify they are the poorest of the poor. We are reaching into villages that have not received ANY KIND of support from any organization. Many of these mothers earn less than $5 USD a month. EVERY GIFT HELPS! You can choose to sponsor a widow by giving a full micro-grant or giving towards her need on a one-time or monthly basis.
Other ways to get involved:
TESFA Development Center: The Women’s Center provides for support, employment, and business / life skill training
Widow’s Relief Fund: Food and clothing, health and medical, immediate housing
Widow’s Childrens Fund: Basic needs of her children
Home Building: Build or remodel a widow’s home to basic living levels. ($3100 builds an entire home)
Micro-Grant: $1000 for full sponsorship. Every gift helps!
Requirements for women to be included in life-giving micro-grants:
- She is a widow with children suffering from chronic hunger.
- She does not receive support from other organizations.
- She is sponsored by her local church.
- She participates in our education and training program.
- She agrees with the policies of Petros Network’s Tesfa Development Program (Savings program, tithing, mentoring other women).
What the women are offered through your sponsorship:
- She is provided education that deals with common problems of health, nutrition, management of household money, financial services and micro-businesses.
- She is given instruction in life skills, family care, and parenting.
- She joins a community of women supported and directed on a weekly basis to achieve a sustainable, self-help end to world hunger through micro-funding.
- She is given a mentor to walk alongside her to initiate a significant world view shift from a life of chronic hunger and poverty.
- She, and her entire family, is supported spiritually by her local church family.
- She is taught how to start a savings plan from her earnings so she can change the chronic cycle of poverty in her family.
- One of our eligibility requirements is the widow must have children. Your sponsorship not only changes her life, but impacts her children’s lives too. We are often asked about giving extra for children’s school uniforms and supplies. When you “check out” your cart lists additional ways you can assist a family.